excavator is an engineering vehicle consisting of a backhoe and cab
mounted on top and is used for various smaller and major civil
engineering projects. It is either mounted on tracks or wheels. A mini
excavator or small compact excavator is ideal for landscapers, rental
yards, general contractors or for any jobs that require a high level of
production in confined spaces.
Mini excavator consists of cab having operator's compartment, engine
compartment and hydraulic pump. Through swing bearing, house structure
is able to attach itself over the undercarriage which helps it to rotate
due to hydraulic distribution valve which supplies oil to the
undercarriage components. The other components of the mini excavators
are boom dipper or arm, and attachment like bucket, auger etc. They are
attached to the excavator through swing frame which allows them to move
left and right. The backfill blade that is used for digging is connected
to excavator's undercarriage.
Mini excavators are mainly applied in the following areas :
- Landscaping for various constructions.
- Remove concrete from roads, bridges, walls, floors, driveways,
- Light demolitions.
- Construction of roads and small buildings.
- Street repairs, drainage ditches, and repairs on water and sewer
- Dig trenches for conduit.
- Dig test holes and remove contaminated soil.